• RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Welcome to San Isidro National High School Alumni Group website. Find your peers, plan your reunion or gathering and share the happiness to the world!

  • Find Your Peers

    We have searched through the deep oceans of web information to collect relevant pages and websites where you may find your Isidorean batchmates!

  • Blog

    Keep posted of the latest happenings in San Isidro National High School, its students and other current events.

  • Events

    Just had a reunion? Share your experience along with some cool photos and we'll feature it here! Take a look at some of our collections of alumni reunions!

    Sunday, January 20, 2013

    I've been looking for some high quality--at least not too pixelated logo of SINHS on the web, thinking someone might have uploaded it somewhere but I failed finding any. I tried scanning pages at SINHS official portal but they only have the scanned logos there. One of them was I think taken from the Multiply site I've created way back my college days--which I already abandoned because Multiply is now turned to an e-commerce site (a buy-and-sell in particular) rather than a personal/profile-based or social networking site.
    SINHS Libmanan South Logo
    Some of the SINHS scanned logos published at the about section of SINHS portal
    After that little disappointment I thought I should work on vectorizing their latest logo (the one at the uppermost of the screengrab above) instead. I downloaded the three logos though because I might also consider vectorizing all of them for reference purposes—In case someone would write about 'SINHS logos through the years', the HD logos are ready. 

    As you can look on this Alumni group page of SINHS, The page already uses a nice logo of the school. I aimed to work on the different one this time and I considered it a self-project that I called "The SINHS HD Logo Project!" 

    That same night I downloaded the logos, I started working on the vectorization. Just for the information of everybody, vectorization is the process of rendering an image from a bitmap image to a vector image so that it is smooth, crystal clear and in other words a better image. I've learned vectorizing an image during college as our faculty required us to vectorize our scanned drawing. It was a very long process for me that time as it is both tedious and tiring but as the learning process goes on, I started appreciating its importance. Take a look at the image below for my very first vectorized image. 
    I know what you’re thinking. “IT’S UGLY,” right? And maybe you couldn’t even believe that I’d draw this Princess (accept it or not but it’s a Princess) from a seatmate’s notebook instead of drawing something like a car or a building. I spent from hours to a day to polish that first vector image but if I have to do it again now, it would only take from minutes to an hour as I already learned the proper techniques of doing it. 

    So then again that same night I finished rendering the image from Bitmap to Vector image. I decided to change some details on the logo such as the font—I can’t guess the exact font used in the original logo and the torch which I made a little more lifelike or convincing. 

    Here’s my final output. What do you think? 
    SINHS Libmanan South Logo
    I would love to share the step by step process of doing it, just let me know in the comment section of this article if you want me to do it! :)

    Leave Comment Via Facebook